The Museum will:
• use a combination of displays, activities, leaflets and links to smart phones to tell the story of the port and market town in ways which will have a wide appeal.
• be a heritage centre which will entice visitors to explore the town and the riverside.
• starting with simple small-boat construction projects within reach of young (and old)
• restoration work on heritage boats
• education and training, in conjunction with other organisations, including International Boatbuilding and Training College, Lowestoft.
• temporary storage of heritage boats such as Sae Wylfing, scale replica of the Sutton Hoo Anglo-Saxon ship
• and in time, the building of a full size replica of the Sutton Hoo ship